or anyone else who is tech savvy and likes to be “with it” and organized!!
I hope this inspires you to check these out so you too can see what I think is so great about them!
Fast Company recently released an infographic which validates that I am not the only designer who appreciates some of these!
- Evernote - a program for clipping important notes, images, sharing files, writing reminders, and more (I use this every day to stay organized and keep important things “backed up”)
- Dropbox - application for sharing files in the “cloud” to access anywhere with an internet connection - plus it has apps for your mobile devices!
- Pinterest - social photo and video bookmarking site (get inspired!)
- ISSUU - web online digital publishing app (great for portfolios, e-books, online magazines, etc)
- Google Drive (previously GoogleDocs) - this allows you to save, store, edit, view, and share a number of different document types. You get 5 GB of Free space and great plug-ins like Autocad WS!
Did I miss any of your favorites? Let me know!
Furnishly, the local furniture exchange, is the first ever consumer marketplace dedicated exclusively to the sale of second-hand furniture. They incorporate geographic search, item segmentation, and social functionality and are geographically focused on presently on Chicago, New York, and San Francisco. Check ‘em out!
Also check out Furnishlyst which curates Craigslist postings for cities such as Austin to Dallas to Chicago to Washington DC and lots of cities in between!
Design-oriented organizations invest in thinking this stuff through. They put design at the heart of their company to guide innovation and to continually improve products, service and marketing.
* They recognize that a great design leads to differentiation, customer loyalty and higher profits.*
~excerpt from Welcome to the Era of Design - Forbes
In this case, Julie Carlson has taken it a step further: her Abyssinian has also inspired the color palette of her living/dining room. Would You Pick Your Home’s Color Palette Based on Your Cat?